Friday, March 14, 2008

Weight Of Worship

While at the Unleash2008 conference I was struck by something Lee McDerment said during one of the break out sessions. He was sharing a story of how he was at a conference and the Evangelist, who was the key speaker pulled Lee aside to tell him that he was going to be held more accountable for what came out of his mouth than the Evangelist was. The reason being is because during worship the people's hearts are more open to have something imparted to them. That hit me square in the face. I love worship and I love being a part of the worship experience in our church. I had never looked at it in that manner before. It made me think about the times that I have lead worship and question whether my motives were right towards God and the congregation. I am certain that they were not always right and I asked God's forgiveness. I desire a fresh perspective on worship and how important it is to setting up the rest of a church service and putting the enemy at bay so that the Holy Spirit can move more freely.

Musa Out.

No comments: