Sunday, March 23, 2008

I don't know how to do it...

When I was in college we used to do Friday and Saturday night evangelism on and around campus. A sort of cold call sales pitch where we would approach a complete stranger and present them with the gospel. While it served a purpose, I don't recall gaining much fruit from our labor. Now jump forward to my senior year at App, my roommate and I decided to witness to our entire football team. To be able to do that we had to have the respect and trust of our teammates. We approach our head coach with an idea of presenting the whole team with their own personal bibles. Now I only know of one of my former teammates who professed Christ as a result of our efforts but to me it was a endeavor well rewarded. We also decided at the beginning of the season to hand out copies of the Gospel of John to the players of the opposing teams. Now if you didn't know our football uniforms did not have pants. So we got one of the trainers to hold on to them for us and we would get them from him after the game. We would write a small note in the front of each gospel track complete with our phone numbers. Long story short, I don't remember hearing about the fruit of that labor but the one thing that made it all worth it was the fact that I saw that trainer maybe a year later and he shared with me how those tracks and what we wrote in them had impacted his life. As a result he recommitted his life to Christ. He wasn't even our target audience but God knew what He was doing all along. The point is, I have been in a funk as to how to be an effective witness in my work place. When really all God was calling me to do was be an example of Him in the earth. Believe it or not it is possible to do without condemning someone to Hell. I wrote some names down this morning. People I want to be saved. For them to come to Christ it will require something of me.


SO HERE WE GO.......

Musa Out!

No comments: