Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lunch Time Thoughts....


This is one of the few times that I can sit down at lunch in front of my machine and actually put down some thoughts. Just finished setting up some laptops for one of our many elementary schools when I got a call from my Bride that she was having trouble with her flash drive that I bought for her. So I got to drive to her school and fix that for her. Poor thing is still sick.... But now I am rabbit trailing: Lunch time thoughts.


I love to sing and I love great praise and worship music. We are learning some new music for Easter and there are a couple songs in that list that to me have to potential to be very powerful and make a great impact in our worship time. Great worship makes it easier for the rest of the service to flow better. I guess that is part of the reason that Joshua sent the singers and dancers out ahead of the army. Because the battle that was being fought was not being conducted initially in the physical realm but in the spirit realm. The people's part was to sing and praise and dance before the Lord as they marched around the city. Our worship confuses the enemy and brings more of God's power into our situation.


With all that being said, I began to think back to some of my younger days and to the artists who God used to make a big difference in my life. Guys like Keith Green, Rich Mullens, Ron Kenoly, Alvin Slaughter, Fred Hammond, Commissioned. I could even throw in an old Sandy Pattie song for good measure. Larnel Harris as well..... Songs by people like this, I could sing every note to even though I haven't heard the particular song in years.
So there you have it.... Worship and the people who have made some great music is what is on my mind....
Musa Out!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Sandi Patty? Now you're scaring me, Johnny! :)

Chip said...

I'm with you on the old Sandi Patti songs, man. Be strong.