Monday, March 31, 2008

Good Foundation

I wish I could go to bed, but as it stands I am unable to... Our church just finished tonight hosting Dr. Myles Munroe. He laid out some deep things of God and about Kingdom principles. The thing that has been on my mind since I left church was the foundation. You see as a Man my job is to be the foundation of my family. What is a foundation.... It is something to be built upon. A load bearer. Something that carries the full weight. When done correctly it is not seen. As the foundation of my family I am setting an example to my children of what kind of foundation my son will be and what kind of foundation my daughters should look for in a husband. And they will build off of what I laid down. Foundations are generational.... We past them on to our children's children. If I am a good foundation then my kids have something solid to build on. If I am shaky then I give them something uncertain on which to stand, and destined to crumble thus leaving another in my blood line to start anew and build it right. No one else can build it for me. Think about it, what do they call a child that comes from a dysfunctional family??? A broken home. The foundation is not right. It needs repair. I think I will go lay down now.... I doubt sleep will come quickly.

Musa Out!

No comments: