Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The still quiet voice of God....

This post will not start out related to anything close to the title but just bare with me..... If you have kids then you know there are times in their lives when they loose their freaking minds. Today was one such day in which my two oldest kids decide for reasons beyond my comprehension to have a shouting match in the middle of the kitchen. In an effort to settle their differences, my eldest was showing just a "bit" of attitude. Insert sarcasm where ever you like. I was irritated to say the least at him and I began to let it show. Helen and I were trying to determine a proper punishment for him and his sister. It was while I drove them to school that Holy Spirit spoke to me concerning him. Believe it or not but my boy can have a temper at times and he doesn't always know how to handle it or express himself in the right way. With that being said his heart is tender. I had a choice to feed the angry frustrated part of my son or the tender hearted side. So once we arrived to school and the girls had gotten out of the car, I told him to hang on a minute and I simply told him that I loved him and what happened that morning wouldn't dictate how his day went. He agreed and said thanks.... That was about it.

Raising kids isn't easy, but it is necessary!


MUSA Out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so right! Parenting (God's way) isn't easy work, but it is oh so necessary. I believe that after handling it the way you did no further punishment was needed. I believe Holy Spirit took it from there and worked on him a bit.

I'm glad to see parents that are actually parenting their kids....especially with God's guidance. I can't help but believe after years of sowing into our children, our harvest will be abundant and joyful.