Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fishermen


Matthew 4:19

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."


What do you think of when you see this scripture??? In my mind I see a boat with some old guy sitting there most likely with a pole or maybe even a net since the context of the scripture deals with letting down your nets for a catch. The more I began to think of it though it became more clear to me. We aren't the guy in the boat. We are the BAIT! We are the ones Jesus is using to bring in the fish. If the bait is no good guess what the fish won't bite. But if you have ever seen any of those fishing shows on ESPN, it always seems those guys are pulling fish out of the water left and right. Why, because they have a bait that the fish can't resist. Bait does you no good in the safety of the boat just like Christians aren't doing any good in the safety of the church. Have to get out of the boat any into the water where the fish are.


Makes you wonder.... Are we being the right kind of bait to attract the lost, are we being the fragrance of Christ to this world? Hey I am just asking these questions of myself. People just want something that is real. For people to want Christ, they have to see Him in me.


No comments: