Thursday, July 12, 2007

An interesting question...

Kennedy asked me the other day a very good question. She wanted to know why God created the Devil when He knew that the Devil would one day betray Him and try to take over. Helen and I thought about it for a minute and I honestly did not have what I considered to be a very good answer. My answer basically consisted of an "I don't know" which was followed by "You can ask God when you get to heaven" and finally the best answer: Maybe the Devil had free will as well, because he, like us is a created being, and it maybe all of God's angels have free will to choose whom they would serve. Those angels that sided with the Devil had a decision to make and they chose poorly. But it does raise an interesting question. Do the angels have free will like us? And did the Devil have free will to choose to disobey God and foolishly believe that he could overcome the creator of the Universe?

Just one of those things that make you go Hmmmmmmm!

MUSA Out!!!

1 comment:

Real Life Sarah said...

I believe everything that God does is for one main reason: to demonstrate His glory and goodness. What better way than to redeem us from the pit, created for the devil, and that we choose with our own free will? It is so
mind-boggling to think about.