Friday, July 13, 2007

Failure

What is your reaction to it??? How do you respond??? I am a failure, once again. One more time I have allowed the little foxes to tear up my vineyards. No excuses, no exceptions just the facts. So what will I do now. Will shame and seclusion be my best friends or will I allow redemption and forgiveness to come along side me and lift me up? God is still good and I know He wants the latter. I have heard it said and have said many times myself that failure is a result of giving up the fight. So in hind sight I guess that I have only failed if I give up. This just the feelings of the moment.

MUSA Out!!!

Hanging on and looking to right the ship!

4 comments:

Kim's Hotrod said...

These days, I try not to let my failures define who I am - which has always been how I viewed myself in the past. I've recently come to an understanding that my failures in no way affect my Savior's love for me. Sounds trite, but I don't mean it to be. It was really freeing for me to begin to let this truth settle in my heart and brain.

If you feel like a failure, know this: you are in good company. But let us now, in maturity, move beyond the worm mentality (which sidelines us) and move in the new dance with the Savior. One that depends more on the music and rhythms of His grace, rather than in our ability to two-step.

Real Life Sarah said...

I so appreciate your transparency, Johnny. We all have times of feeling this way, and we need them - to show us how much we need God. Great comment, Rodney.

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Cor 12:9

Hbomb said...

Nicely spoken hotrod. God doesn't see our failures, He sees us through the blood of His son and today when He sees you, He still sees the potenial in you that makes you the Bold, Couragous warrior that He created you to be. I love you!

Kevin Thomasson said...

How do I respond? I do let it effect me and those around me. My temper is my worst enemy.
But I have to remember that even Paul new he would not be able to stand in the presence of God if not for Jesus Christ. I am in Him right now.
Keep your head up and keep being the leader you always have been.