Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Aroma of Christ

Think about your sense of smell, the things you can detect with it. How certain favors and scents can invoke certain responses in our minds. I was taking the garbage out to the dump and today I struck a little more by the foul stench that came from there. The first thing I thought of was what does my sin smell like to God. Probably not much different than that trash dump. We were created to be the fragrance of life and the aroma of Christ to a lost, dying and stinking world: 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

How awesome is that, that God the Father and creator of the Universe would consider us to be the aroma of His Son. What does that mean???

When Helen gets out of the shower she smells like the scented soap she uses and the lotions that she applies afterward. Those scents are pleasing to me ( very pleasing), but that is beside the point. She smells good and I like to be near her when she smells good. Conversely, I have no desire to stand next to a garbage dump for any extended period time.

Basically it means that to God we smell like Jesus. What a sweet smell that must be to our Heavenly Father.

So let us consider how we can become the fragrance and aroma of life to this world and in so doing we will draw all men unto Christ because we smell like Him.


MUSA Out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!
yeah standing by a garbage can for a long period of time is not any fun.
It's like standing by a can of fish guts for about 30 seconds that's been left outside. Yeah, if that's what we smell like to God with our sins that really(pardon me) sucks for Him, cause that's some raunchy stuff.
Anyways, don't know where this is going!
Megs

Anonymous said...

wut a excellent word, praise Jesus!! I will use this in a sermon!!

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
I'm quite sure I'll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!


Feel free to surf to my site - best registry cleaner