Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where is your passion???

I was challenged this weekend after C's visit. She asked a simple question. What am I passionate about? It took me a while to answer and when I finally did, it was kinda of matter of fact. She also challenged me to see if there was enough evidence to convict me of that passion. So C this one is for you. I have decided to become who I was born to be. I don't know how or really what steps to take, but I am setting my face toward that thing which God himself created me for. I am a warrior. I always have been. I can operate fine in a crisis, but true warriors don't. They are prepared for battle at all times. That is where I am lacking. So call me out in the street if necessary on this one. The wounds of a friend can be trusted.

2 comments:

Reed Thomas said...

Only the insecure warrior picks a fight...

Unknown said...

So bro... what are you passionate about? It is true that warriors are prepared for battle all of the time, but true warriors also value peace and their down time as well. They study, they do things that bring them joy, but at the core of them, they relate everything to making them stronger and better. They treasure what they have daily, and live each day as if it is their last. I have read about how Warriors think of death constantly... living each moment as if it could be their last to help them make better decisions in all they do. How much more we have! Instead of worrying about death, we know where we will end up, and who will bring us victory! So we instead live each moment as if it is our last before we join our King and are given our rewards. If we think about things in that perspective... just the thought alone keeps us much more excited and prepared for battle all the time, and more motivated to attack those things that come against us.