Friday, May 25, 2007

Stand in the Gap!

News Flash!!! Did you realize that prayer changes things!!!! How many times have we as Christians looked for solutions to our troubles in the natural without going to Jesus in prayer. Often times making the situation worse because we were looking for a fix with our flesh. Guilty as charged here! God is always looking for someone to stand in the gap, to fill the breach that was created. I used to think that was somebody else's job. I am realizing that it is my highest calling. To stand in the gap for my kids, there can be no greater purpose for me. God has charged me to be a buffer for them against the schemes of the enemy. When I leave my post unattended then it becomes easier for the influences of this world to creep over the walls.
I have never really considered myself a "prayer warrior". Don't get me wrong, I know how to pray with authority, but it has not been a way of life for me. God has moved this to the front burner for me. Maybe it has been there all along and I finally turned the stove on.... Either way I may never have to go to war in the natural, but I can go to war daily in the spirit. So this is where God has brought me to. I glad He did. I don't just want to be a prayer warrior, I want to be a prayer assassin. Cutting off the heads of demonic forces before they know what hit them.

Now if you will excuse me... I have to go a stand my post. There are some gaps that need filling!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Johnny... I love the comment about not just being a prayer warrior... but a prayer assassin. Pretty hardcore stuff! I love it. Keep it going bro.

Kevin Thomasson said...

You go! Pray for us as well. I need to hear this everyday. Thanks for the encouragement.

Kevin Thomasson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Thomasson said...

Thanks bro. I need this encouragement each day to keep praying. As Fathers I think we forget that being the head means being the point man. It means we have to keep on the look out for danger that could hurt our family or friends. The only way keep our eyes open to the schemes of the devil is to keep our eyes closed.

Caroline said...

As an intercessor ... a prayer Warrior ... God directed -combat- is your home. Only you know what your duty station is John ... it's a command and assignment straight from the Lord. Others may not understand it ... and that's ok.

You will undoubtably find some that feel that Warrior is an overzealous term. Some may be discomforted with it's agressive tone. Others may be intimidated or tempted to write determination and vigor off as arrogance or cockiness.

You are a prayer Warrior, just really starting to realize what this new duty station entails. It's your first time in the box in some ways ... with a REAL understanding of the mission or of your place in the mission. You know ... grunts ... they don't have much insight in the battle plans. They are given a very small piece and they are expected to do it. They have no revelation at the time about the importance of their mission or how it fits into the overall battle scheme.

Officers see a bigger picture. They have more understanding. They know what is at stake ... both in terms of end result and of risks within the battle. It's as though You've finished OCS ... and gotten your first officer assignment. You have a clearer view ... you understand more what is at stake ... and You are ready. You are determined.

As I read these words ... from Ephesians 6 -

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

... I know that you are standing the ground assigned to you. I know that you are prepared to wage war not of the sort of this world.

Ezekiel 22:29-31 (New International Version)

29 The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the alien, denying them justice.

30 "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. 31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD."

Much love Warrior!