Saturday, May 5, 2007

What are you made of?

This is going to be a part two to the Choosing sides post. Do you know what God created you for? Yes we were created to worship Him, but on a deeper level, what were you made for? What is your calling, gifting, talent? OK I will go first.

I believe part of what the Lord has created me to be is an encourager of His people. I sing on our praise and worship team at our church and Pastor Abbye who leads our team says that I can go into coach mode while leading worship sometimes. When I do it, it makes it difficult for people to understand what I am saying and thus follow along. I guess I get a little too excited about what is going on in the service. If you ever saw it you would know what I am talking about. Anyway I am learning how to control this mode a little better. But getting back to my point. I am an encourager and I also am a coach. These two things fit together nicely. So if you will allow me, I am going to exercise my gift.... right now.

"I was made for war.... I was made for battle Lord" This is one of the verses to a song that we sing in church. I love this song because it puts me into a mindset to remind me that God has made me well able to overcome any challenge. When it comes to the spirit realm and our prayer lives, I believe we should be very aggressive. Did you realize that safe and subdued prayers will not advance the kingdom against the gates of Hell? I have offered up those kinds of prayers and have not seen things change in my situation, one because I did not believe it and two the enemy didn't either. He was not compelled to be removed from that area of my life. But when I press in and take on a warrior mentality things change. We also sing a song called "Battle cry". Sometimes we need to unleash our battle cry, and by this I mean let it be known from the rooftops if necessary. In doing so you let two people know what is going on. You let the enemy know that this is going to be different and that he had better be ready to get bruised up. And second you let your Father know that you are ready to use what He has already put in you.

It is time to cut off the head of the oppressor in our lives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice. You are right.. there are times when I have felt compelled to pray so loudly and could tell it was making war in the heavens. As for what I am called to do... hmm. I believe God has gifted me with Intercession. He has gave me a heart for people and their struggles.

Shawn Weekly said...

I was made for war... do you know who originally sings that song? I heard it at another church, and it was so powerful.