Monday, May 7, 2007

Peace be still?

Job 34:29 says... When He gives quietness, who then can make trouble?

Strong words from a book about a man whose peace was rocked to its very core. I find daily that I must fight to keep some sort of peace. Whether it be between my 3 children or between Helen and me, or maybe on the job. There is an all out assault on my peace. Sometimes I wonder what must I do to achieve a lasting peace. Will it only come once I have breathed my last breath? Unfortunately it is so. What peace am I struggling to maintain? Peace of mind, peace in my spirit, just to name 2, but what I am realizing, is that I must wage war in order to keep the peace. You see the enemy continues to prowl around seeking whom he may devour. One of the things he looks to devour is our peace, because if he succeeds in consuming our peace then chaos in sues and we lose our perspective on what is really important. I love movies and one of my favorites is a movie called "First Knight" with Richard Gere and Sean Connery. In this film Sean Connery is playing King Arthur and they are faced in a difficult choice about whether or not to go to war. Arthur's adversary is openly provoking war with Camelot but he has the audacity to say that it is Arthur who is threatening this fragile peace. Arthur's response is great, in which he says " There is a peace that can only be found on the other side of war." There are many in our nation that believe that war ( any war) is wrong. They say that we should be able to settle our differences through diplomacy. Can I just tell you that the terrorists have no interest in peaceful negotiations and neither does Satan. If that be the case then why would we ever desire to try to reach some sort of compromise with him when we know he is bent on our destruction.
So bottom line, if you want peace in your life, the only way to have it is with victory! Don't try to appease your enemy thinking that will buy you peace. You want peace. You had better pick up your weapons of war and take it. Cause it won't be gained any other way.

4 comments:

Hbomb said...

Sadly to admit...I was the source of the attack on your peace today. I am throughly impressed that you maintained peace...you are awesome! Love ya bunches.

Unknown said...

Amen brother! I totally agree with you. Do we all want peace? Yes... of course, but we also truly have to understand like you said that peace, and freedom for that matter are not free things. They are prizes of victory, fought on long hard battlefields.

Kevin Thomasson said...

The Nazis loved to talk. They marched into Poland we talked, they marched on the Czechs we talked. They invaded France (nobody cared)but we still talked. It took a direct attack on us for us to start fighting. I think I've been in a false peace to long. Letting the enemy advance in every area of my life. Thanks for the word and I take it as an encouragement to fight for the peace only God can give.

bryan mcgee said...

When the seas raged, they had to wake Jesus and He simply said "Peace, be still!"

Peace is the deal. It is the gift of God and really great things are worth fighting for. Keep up the fight.

Philippians 4:4-9