Monday, May 19, 2008

I serve???



I figured that I would be the first to comment on the sermon from church yesterday. I was listening to a very good sermon on joining the ranks of those who contribute to the ministry, instead of just receiving from it. Now I do in fact serve in a couple of areas in our church but I guess the question I am asking myself is, while I am serving, am I serving at the level and commitment that I should be. In other words am I just paying lip service and do things half-way or am I going all out to see the vision fulfilled? Because to me it seems there is not much difference between not serving and serving half hearted. Neither is advancing the kingdom.


I am just saying, if I am going to do it then I need to be in it all the way with my hair on fire. Serving half hearted is like eating cold soup. It may fill a need but it never satisfies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is an analogy worth stealing. "Serving half hearted is like eating cold soup. It fills but never satisfies".
I can understand that.

bryan mcgee said...

I think you're on to something. I may have to steal... I mean borrow that this Sunday.

Anonymous said...

That is SO true! Thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

It's easy for you to say your going to be in it all the way with your hair on fire when you don't have any :-). Thanks for your commitment, passion and servant's heart.