Friday, April 27, 2007

Long Look Back!!!

When I think about the people in our ever growing blogging community, I am amazed how God fit us together in such a unique way. I feel as if I have known many of you all my life to the point I can't remember how we met. I recall meeting Waxy at Cubbie's house and not liking her at ALL. But then God did something super natural and He formed a covenant friendship between Waxy, Cubbie and myself. We would sit in Cubbie's room for hours and just pray and intercede. Those two people won't believe it but it was those times that they taught me through their example of how to press into God's presence. They were the ones who helped lead me into receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Thanks.

Rodney and Kim, I met through C2 and grew to love them even more on our Missions trip to Mexico. You guys were our partners in crime all over that country. APASCO RULES!!!
Kim even had the spiritual maturity to bring correction in my life and do it with love. Now all you know I received that word.... Right! NOT!!! And she was still gracious enough to accept my apology and year(or so) later. You got a good one Rodney!

RJ- A warrior in the natural and in the spirit. The perfect help mate to C and she is to you as well. Looking forward to going to war beside you my friend.

My Bride- What can I say that has not already been said. You are more beautiful to me now than when we first were married. You have spoken into my life more than I care to count. You love me with all my many faults. YOU are more precious to me than gold. Truly this man can call himself blessed because God gave you to me. LOVE YOU!

To all you numerous others friends who happened to wonder through Appalachian State ( 2 time National Champs) and intersect at a Church called Watauga Christian Center and be a part of Campus Connection, I say that I am blessed to know that God set me in the middle of a group of people who loved the Lord and desired to find His will for your lives. You blessed me then and you bless me now because I can look back, those many years ago and know that I am a better man because of those times/people in my life.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

John... I remember when I met Caroline and listened to her stories about you... and then was finally able to meet you, how I knew you were a person that I wanted in my life as well. A friend that is closer than a brother. When God called me to be a husband to Caroline... I knew that meant I also gained you and Helen into my family as well... and that my life would never be the same. You are one of the greatest blessings in our life, and I are proud to call you brother.

Kim's Hotrod said...

You wrote:

"Kim even had the spiritual maturity to bring correction in my life and do it with love."

She was just practicing for all the work ahead of her being married to me! An ongoing work I might add.

Jan said...

Too funny, Rodney!

Reed Thomas said...

The good ole days.... I like the ones now even better. Life is way too much fun. Especially when you get to catch up with folks from the ole App State days... (I actually have "us" now in classes as an instructor - terrifying thought eh?)

Real Life Sarah said...

Reed, shame on you (and me)!! You live in the same town, and I have to run into you on Johnny's blog!!

Hey all you old-timers, (hee hee - I'm not THAT much younger than y'all) reading your sappy stories makes me thank God for good friends!!