Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Chiseled


This is a rare thing when you get a double post from me in one day so hang on.


There is a painting/drawing that I have only seen in the pages of one of Max Lucado's books. I may still have it. But it depicted an image of a Black male with his head down and arms by his side, above him there is a chisel, a hammer and the pair of hands holding those tools. If memory serves there are some sparks coming up has the refining process is going on in this man.


The point is, that is us. God is knocking off the rough and hard edges to make a beautiful sculpture. It would hurt considerably to be hit with a hammer and chisel but the point remains. God reminded me of this picture as if to say "Hey this is were I have you, it may feel uncomfortable for a while but the finished product will be worth it" Related to my early post, Stand Still. This sculpture is made of flesh not stone, so I have the option to jump off the sculptor's table if I choose. His word to me remains, Stand still!


Moving on, moving up!

1 comment:

Kevin Thomasson said...

good bloggs. Keep it coming! Thanks for being real with us bro!