Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Broken

As I write this post, I find myself grieving for the families of the students killed at Virginia Tech yesterday. I must confess it did not sink until today. Senseless acts like this cause me to take stock of what is important in life. I look at my own kids a little different today. Wondering in part if they will be forced to experience something of this magnitude in their young lives. I don't want to create an atmosphere of fear in them. I want them to live with all the confidence that is in them. I also don't want to walk in a spirit of fear concerning them either. I trust and know that the Lord has them in His hands and that He will keep and protect them. I guess my prayers are for the families of the victims that God's will, will still be accomplished in the lives of those affected the most. I declare what Satan meant for harm and destruction, God will turn and bring about the salvation of many because of the actions of one man.

I know that the effective and fervent prayer of a righteous man accomplishes much. Could this have been prevented if more people were praying for our nation and its safety. I know I am guilty of not doing so. I know that I need to be much more faithful to pray and especially praying in the spirit. It is time to stand in the gap for this country, its leaders and especially our children.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good post brother... I too was very disheartened that somebody could do something so cold. It was a very sad day for our nation and my prayers also go out to all those affected by this tragedy.

Kevin Thomasson said...

Thanks J. I can't really face it sometimes. The evil that we have brought to this world shocks me until I look into the mirror. It doesn't make sense and I get scared. But, "Greater is He that is in us,..." right?
Let us pray.