Friday, April 20, 2007

...And again I say rejoice!

Rejoice in the Lord always.... What does that mean? It has been a long week and I must say, 5:00 can't get here fast enough. Should I rejoice in that? Should I rejoice when we receive an unexpected financial blessing? Should I rejoice when someone gets healed or set free? To all those things the answer is a hardy YES! But what about the flip side? How about when there is no money to put food on the table or gas in the car? What about when a loved one is still lost in their sin. Or how about in the wake of the tragedy at VT? We, as Christians are commanded to rejoice in the Lord at all times and in every situation. The word rejoice means to take delight in, be glad or to be joyful. It also means to spin about. In other words when times are difficult we need to stand to our feet and rejoice( spin about ) praise Him with our bodies and make war in the heavenly realm. I have always been one who when things did not go my way, I would get into a serious funk and I would be difficult to be around. I am learning that at all times and in each challenge of life to rejoice and praise.

Sometimes God delivers us from the storm and sometimes He delivers us out of the storm. So we had better be prepared for both possibilities. Either way deliverance is coming.
Psalms 24:7-8

7 Lift up your heads, O you gates!
And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!
And the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty,
The LORD mighty in battle.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

"Sometimes God delivers us from the storm and sometimes He delivers us out of the storm. So we had better be prepared for both possibilities. Either way deliverance is coming."

Amen! I am trying to hold on to that hope even in the midst of my own storms. It's good to hear from you today Warrior ... it's always good.

Now is there a reason no one has responded to my challenge thread or addressed my missive on Islam? ~laughing~

You bless me John. Your family blesses me. Thank you ... for more than you know ... far far more.

Kevin Thomasson said...

Good word bro. Very encouraging. It's all about dancing in the rain. Hope you have a blessed and restful weekend. Sounds like you've earned it.

Kim's Hotrod said...

I was wondering when we might hear from you again. Thanks for the encouragement to all of us through your example.

Now quit your whining, and get back to work!!!

j/k

Rodney

Terry said...

Good to see some ex LWCF people in blogland like you and Rodney.

Sandi and I and three other elders left LWCF in October and are doing home group stuff and meeting with Robert Mearns and gang at the Best Western on Sunday afternoon.

Talk about a true test—leaving a church after 22 years is a trauma.

But we press on to the high calling even though it seems like the dock was blown up around us.

check out my blog at:

blog.lookingforthelongride.com

Terry