Sunday, June 24, 2007

Change

It is late and I should be in bed fast asleep but instead I am sitting at this computer typing out this post. It may be a good thing because my allergies are acting up and it seems to be a good thing to give Helen a head start on sleeping before I join her and start sawing logs.

Things are always changing, aren't they? I mean sometimes it takes major life upheaval for us to notice, but change is a part of life. Just the other day I was looking through some old pictures of my children with amazement because it was difficult to remember them at those ages. Change is one of those parts of life that has a way of being exciting and feared at the same time. It is something that will happen whether we want it to or not, we can't control it, but we can control how we respond to it. It is simply my desire to be prepared the best I can for when those changes come, so that I will be able to take them with grace and humility whether they be good or bad. The one thing I find in an ever changing world is that my God is the same yesterday, today and forever. And that in Him there is no shadow of turning. He holds true every time.

MUSA Out!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hi John. Thanks for your encouraging words to me on my blog. I appreciate your words...help is on the way! Thank you.

Unknown said...

yep.
change is inevitable.
and as much as
we tend to
totally despite
change at times.

it always turns
out for the good
of us.
cause he knows everything.

have i mentioned lately i think
that you are great?

lata...