Sunday, March 11, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

What are they??? My excuses for sin. Was it disappointment? Rejection from some loved one? Validation for feelings of inadequacy? Could be all of things or none of them. Maybe it is just plain rebellion. Whatever the reason it does not matter. What matters is that they are not sufficient anymore for me not to do what God has created me for. It is part of our fallen nature to look for scape goats... Adam and Eve did it in the garden. They gave us a perfect example that is alive and well today. We don't even bother to get creative with our excuses to God anymore. Just trot out the same tired ones over and over again. Recycling them to fit whatever the problem area. We don't realize or care that we are trampling under foot the grace that God so freely gives. Now God's grace is not a blank check to cover our sin, but rather a way of escape when the temptation becomes to great. Jesus said He would make a way for us, not an excuse to fall short. We make excuses when we don't want to accept the responsibility for our actions. I have practiced defeat in my life for far too long. I want to practice victory.

No comments: