Sunday, April 22, 2007

There is a Friend...

Yes I know 2 posts in one night. Lots on my mind today. Need a place to express them. I am part of a writer guild at our church and I was looking over some of the things we did in a free write and this jumped out at me. My brother RJ is talking about going into warrior mode so this should fit quite nicely... I hope.

There is safety in numbers, never travel alone. A 3 fold cord is not easily broken. It is good to have friends because if they are true, they will walk through hell and back for you. We ask, how can I endure or how can I push on? If you want victory then you must take all other options off the table. Refuse to fail, refuse to be defeated. Find out what you are made of when your breaking point is exposed... Then go past it, exceed it and overcome it. Place me where the fight is the hottest and most difficult. I want the land where the giants walked... Bear down and break out for the through the dessert is the promised land and the weak will not get there unless they are willing to be transformed through the fire.

That is the kind of Warrior I want to be. I am not there yet. But I am headed in that direction.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoooooooo hooo! I feel that brother! I too am tired of living in fear. I am tired of being intimidated. No longer will I be afraid! The Lord is with me... whom shall I fear? Put me in the midst of the hardest fight. Give me the toughest opponents, the biggest challenges. It is only by facing them that I will grow. Standing on the edge, and dancing around the fight, being worried about only myself... is over. I will press in, I will take a stand and I will conquer! Thank you for your post... and for the fire you encourage in me!

Caroline said...

Warrior, on more than one occassion I have seen you stand up to a potential physical threat with such intensity and fierceness that it was startling ... and reassuring. Others have always seen your physical strength and determination ... and admired it ... I know that is the kind of man you are in the spiritual realm as well ... though you've taken a quiet path for some time ... I get the feeling it's time to start making mayhem in the heavenlies for those forces of darkness that would oppress God's people ... it's my prayer that you remember all the passion and courage that you have displayed in the physical AND spiritual realms and remember ... THAT is WHO YOU ARE! This ... is good!