Update you mess cause I am jumping ship over to WordPress. You can find me here. Look I had to do it. My wife made one for herself and all the kids and I didn't want to be left out.
For the finally time here on blogger.....
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
- She married me!!!
- She gave me Caleb, Kennedy and Courtney.
- She is a total BABE!
- She brings out the very best in me and I am a better man because of it.
- She is determined.
- She is an encourager.
- She is passionate.
- She is a great cuddle buddy!
- She is trustworthy!
- She puts her family before herself.
- She is my best friend!
- She loves God!
- She has a great smile, beautiful eyes and she is a "Hottie"!
- After 14 years of marriage, she is my help mate, my lover, my companion, my friend and counselor. He who finds a wife finds a good thing. I believe this applies directly to me.
I love you Helen.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
I did it again.... I hit the enter button and posted a blank post once again.
Saturday Night Brain Dump- Take 2
- Dad had hernia surgery yesterday and came through with flying colors.
- Why do my kids take their cues from each other and decide that it is cool to ask 1,000 questions about the most random things... ALL AT ONCE!
- Why do my dogs sleep so much???
- Why does my wife sleep so much???
- Why don't I sleep that much???
- My oldest will be a teenager in a little more than a month..... Less than thrilled or not feeling prepared. You decide.
- On that note, He just had his yearly physical, and lets just say that he is not 5 or 6 anymore. YIKES!
- My wife will have to get a job next summer. Why, because whenever I come home from work, she has taken it upon herself to rearrange 3 rooms of our house with plans for more. I can't find anything!!!! Truly frustrating
- Football practice starts in 19 days.... YES!
- There is nothing better than Grandma's roast and rice that is covered in brown gravy. It will make your tongue slap your brains out!
Bonus thought: After nearly 14 wonderful years of marriage, Helen has successfully made brown gravy....... YEAH!!!!
Remember to keep it real till it goes wrong!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
While on our vacation to Busch Gardens we went to the bald eagle habitat to see a collection of some rather awesome birds. Except there was one problem. None of the birds in that habitat would ever fly again. It struck me to see these birds waddle around or perched on the various rocks and branches around their en closer. Knowing that they would never again feel the wind on their wings or see a perspective of the earth that we as humans can only dream about. You see, these birds came to be there because they were either injured or became sick and thus they would never fly again.
My point is, that these birds were created for one thing, and the thing that they were created for they can never do again. God created us for one thing, and sometimes we like those birds through sickness or injury aren't able to do that thing that He made us for. Fortunately for us we have a Redeemer who is able to heal us and restore us to flight. Will you allow Him to restore your ability to soar on the wings of eagles or will you remain grounded unable to take flight again.
Look at it this way, birds fly, but eagles soar!
Friday, July 4, 2008
Well since we moved to Pender County I have noticed several things about country living.
- It is REALLY DARK at night!
- Next store neighbors is relative considering it is about 100-150 yards to get there.
- Trash from passing cars ending up all over my front yard.
- Having to take my trash to the county dump.
- Country bugs are bigger than city bugs.
- Various forest creatures that get struck by cars and dying in my front yard. (Deer especially)
- Deer that like to have their social get togethers in my front yard
- Electric fences...
- Riding lawn mowers.
- Having a house too far from the road to get cable.
- Thunderstorms are worst here, thus the need for a weather radio
- Blinking traffic lights at 10:00 pm
Monday, June 30, 2008
Well it has been a while since I posted so I thought I would go with this: NO Re-Runs
- American Gladiator- Just as good as when I was a kid
- Wipe Out-New show on ABC- Kinda modeled after the Japanese game shows- Very Funny!
- Design Star- Helen loves it and I love her so there you go. Not that bad either
- Deadliest Catch- Crab fishing to the MAX!
- UFC Unleashed- Two Men, 1 ring, tons of pain.
- So you think you can dance- Watched it once or twice. It was ok
- America's Got Talent- Good if you need a quick nap before bed
- Nashville Star- Watched just enough to know who is hosting. (Billy Ray Cyrus)
- If you have Direct TV- Gospel Channel is a good one! Lots of good music videos and other special programs!
- What not to Wear- Just started watching this again. Once again, Helen loves it so see #3
So there you have it. The Summer time viewing list.
P.S. I promise to have something more in depth to say soon. You will just have to wait for it.