Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday thoughts...

Looking through my blog over the last several posts its seems to me that I have had nothing of consequence to add to the blog sphere. Some the other writers that I like to read from time to time seem to have some great insight into the things they are pursuing and the things going on in their lives. So here it goes.

I recently applied for a promotion at work which I didn't get. The interview was good, but I had a sense that I would not be getting the position. The bottom line is that now the opportunities for advancement there seem to have dried up. On top of that my responsibilities have changed as well. The change I believe at least in part was to kinda soften the blow of not getting the position. So what will become of me in terms of my present employer and position. Time will tell.....

I am feeling a bit lost at the moment. Trying to discern what I should be doing verses what am I passionate about. Unfortunately nothing is really coming to mind. I can remember a time when I felt like I knew what I was supposed to be doing with my life and what the ultimate goal for me was. Now I am not so sure. I feel like I have gone back to square one and I have returned to the discovery phrase again to find out what direction this ship is to be pointed in.

Change is good, change is necessary, and it is inevitable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read this twice Johnny. There seems to be a lot of this lost, redirectioning feeling going on in the body right now. I know that God is shaking some things up and repositioning His people to line up with destiny. I am trusting Him to show us what the next steps are. I refuse to go on without Him.
You are powerful Johnny and God has a powerful purpose for you and your family.