Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thoughts Part 2

Tragedy struck someone I knew this week. One of the young men that I coached in football, his father died suddenly this week. As I sat in the funeral many thoughts flooded my mind. I watched the grief on faces of his family and knowing that nothing could really be said to stem that grief except the process of time that eventually lessens to some degree the pain of loss. Events like these tend to cause us to take stock of what is important in life and unfortunately some of us wait till after a loved one is gone to tell them how we felt about them or why we didn't focus on the most important things in our lives instead of the mundane tasks of life.

2 things came to mind immediately:

What would my legacy be if I were gone tomorrow? What have I done that would live on beyond me? My children are my greatest legacy and raising them is the most important job I have, but what else.

2nd what would I do if it was Helen??? A thought that I don't even like to dwell on. How would I make it because she is the most important person in my life. Don't misunderstand me. I do not fear death, but I also don't have any desire for me or anyone else I love to leave this world yet either.

Lord shake me out of spirit on contentment!!! It is like poison to a dreamer. And when we stop dreaming and having vision, we might as well be dead because they are the only ones who can't dream anymore.

MUSA Out..... For now.

No comments: