Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Burden of Leadership

If being a leader was easy, anyone could do it. I have discovered how easy it is to critic others for how they lead or conduct themselves based on the position they are in. It is quite another matter to occupy that position and be faced with those decisions knowing that the outcome of those decisions will affect those around you. This guy has made that abundantly clear as he moves ever closer to being the lead dog of this place! To make a long story short, I have taken the opportunity to not just complain about a situation but instead try a new concept and get involved to make it right. I was elected to the board of my children's school, and while I still feel somewhat under qualified, I never the less felt compelled to act. The saying: " The only way for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing!" kept popping up in my mind. I now have a chance to make an impact on something that is very important to me.

Leadership to me is best put like this: If you have to ability to act then you also have a responsibility to do so. Its kinda like seeing an accident happen and instead of lending a helping hand, we cruise on past and just rubber neck the whole event from afar. All the while saying it must stink to be in that situation or if they had been paying attention it wouldn't have happened. Catch my drift? As a christian, I haven't been called to just get by and not get involved. I am supposed to be a change agent, a catalyst, an example to those around me. So I have put myself out there for all kinds of critics to come my way.

In other words, you can criticize me all you want, but at least I am in the game!!! The view from the sideline must look pretty good huh?

I am just saying!

MUSA OUT!

1 comment:

bryan mcgee said...

Me thinks you are getting the hang of it. I'm proud of you.

Go be the leader God has called you to be. There's more in you than you would like to admit.